• Giligan's Island Restaurant

    Location: Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa

    Giligan's is one of my favorite hangouts because the place is part restaurant and part bar. You get good (relatively affordable) food and entertainment. It's casual and laid back, a little noisy when the band plays but still not that loud.

    Last Saturday, my friend celebrated her birthday at Giligan's. We bought her a chocolate mousse cake from Red Ribbon (we were ecstatic to learn that that was her favorite) and ordered the following:



    Sizzling Pork Sisig. I love crispy sisig and so Giligan's is # 2 in my list (#1 is Pork Barrel along Kalayaan ave.). I just can't get enough. I think I ate more than I intended to.


    Their chicken strips are also one of our favorites (request of birthday girl Sharry). And don't forget the sauce!


    We couldn't decide which seafood dish yo have so we tried their sizzling mixed seafoods instead. It consists of shrimp, squid, fish cubes, mussels and scallops. It was so-so.


    The beef tenderloin salpicao was okay too, though the bean sprouts' slightly bitter taste did nothing to compliment the sweet salpicao sauce.


    Their pica-pica platter is actually "sulit" (what's sulit Mama?). But because we had a lot to eat, I wasn't actually able to try out the fries, cheese sticks, lumpiang shanghai or the peanuts. :( Anyway, it served us well by the time we (mostly I) ordered drinks - though I was still eating cake at that time. I know, Tanduay Ice and cake don't seem to go together but hey....


    By the way, they have this promo wherein you get a platter of rice and a round of iced tea for less than a hundred pesos if you reach a certain amount (I think P1k?). Check out Giligan's menu.

    (L-R) There's Edree, Tina, Karen, Sharry, Rizza and me
    At around 10pm, the band started playing. They greeted birthday celebrant Sharry. Here's a picture of Sharry (and Rizza whose birthday we failed to celebrate last month) with the choco mousse cake.


    Based on my calculations, we stayed there for about five hours. More pictures...

     

    We all had a great time. Happy birthday again Sharry! Thanks for the treat!


    0 comments → Giligan's Island Restaurant

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...